This page contains detailed instructions on how to sign up for IT Training's courses on IU Expand. The process involves two parts: signing up for an IU Guest account (if you don't already have one) and registering for a course on IU Expand.
Guest accounts at IU
For those with no formal relationship with Indiana University, Guest accounts provide limited access to certain needed online applications and services, for a specific purpose. The amount of access is determined by the particular application. Guest accounts may be removed if the account has not been used in more than a year, or upon request.
- This type of Guest account is entirely separate from any other type of IU account and is unrelated to the IU Guest wireless internet service for IU campus visitors.
- Guest accounts will not allow authentication to ITHelpLive, but those with Guest accounts may use all other support options described in Contact your campus IT Support Center.
To create a Guest account at Indiana University:
Go to Guest accounts.
- Click .
- Enter your email address in the appropriate field.
Note:For all Guest accounts, the username is the full email address provided (for example,
firstname.lastname@example.org). Thus, to successfully authenticate to IU applications and services, enter the full address when prompted for a username.
- Enter your name in the appropriate fields; enter and verify your IU Guest account password. Click .
- The system will send an activation message to the email address you provided. To open the page that will activate your account, click the link in the message.
- On the "Activate your IU Guest Account" page, enter your username (that is, the entire email address you provided) and confirmation code.
- Click .
Sign up for courses in Expand
Once you have a guest account, you can register for IT Training's courses. To get started, open IU Expand in your browser window, and log in with your IU Guest account. You can access IU Expand here.
- To view all of IT Training’s courses on Expand, click the drop-down menu at the top of the screen and select IT Skills and Topics. This will load IT Training’s courses.
- To see more details about a specific course, or to enroll in a course, click on the desired course. The course's details will load in your browser window.
- To enroll in a course, on the course’s page in Expand, click .
- In the following screen, to confirm you want to enroll in the course, click .
- To access the course you just enrolled in, on the enrollment confirmation page, click Go to your Dashboard. The course you just enrolled in should display along with any other IU Expand courses you’re enrolled in.