These materials cover how to create a contact group, send automatic replies, create rules, and create folders. You will gain experience in organizing your inbox using categories, follow-up flags, groupings, and column headers. We'll also cover advanced delivery options, archiving messages, and recovering deleted messages.
- Learn to organize the Inbox
- Use advanced delivery options
- Create Rules, Contact Groups, and Automatic Replies
- Create personal folders
- Delete and recover Outlook items
- Learn how to archive files and folders
- Search messages
- Compose, format, send, and reply to email messages
- Understand how to use different views
- Use IU's Global Address List to find email addresses
For a more in-depth look at the content of Outlook: Managing Your Email, view the title contents below.
Important note for participants not affiliated with IU
- This course contains training material only.
- Participants who are not affiliated with Indiana University will need your own access to installed and licensed software, according to the training topic. This will allow you to follow along and participate in the hands-on exercises.
- If you do not have access to the needed software, you can still enroll in the online course and read the course content.
More information about this course
This online course is free to everyone and available for enrollment through IU Expand.
This course consists of a series of short lessons, examples, demonstrations, practice quizzes, and hands-on exercises.
To complete the course content, you will need:
- a web browser and internet access to use the course material on IU Expand.
- a copy of the software relevant to the training installed on your computer.
Outlook: Managing Your Email Contents
Expand the accordion folds to see a detailed description of the content.
Explore the contents of Outlook: Managing Your Email:
Learn about the Outlook Managing Your Email course.
Send an email, create and use a contact group, and respond to an email message.
Explore the various ways to organize the inbox, including marking messages as unread, assigning categories, using follow up flags, and sorting messages.
See how to search Outlook for specific messages.
Explore options for sending messages, including delivery and read receipts, importance settings, and sensitivity settings.
Watch a video demonstration about how to configure AutoReplies.
See how to create a rule in Outlook.
Learn how to create a personal folder in Outlook.
Learn how to create Outlook folders on the hard drive.
Explore AutoArchive settings.
See how to manually archive folders.
Learn how to add an address or domain to the Safe Senders list.
Explore the process of deleting and recovering Outlook items.
Return the Outlook inbox to its previous setup.