This workshop introduces IU faculty, staff, and students to three of the statistical and numerical packages on the HPC (High Performance Computing) systems: SAS, R, and Matlab.
- Become familiar with statistical/numerical packages at IU.
- Learn to submit jobs using these packages.
- Set environmental variables for performance boosts.
- Know in-package functions which take advantage of the multicore environment.
- Overview of SAS on Carbonate supercomputer
- SAS hands-on exercises
- Overview of R on Carbonate supercomputer
- R hands-on exercises
- Overview of Matlab on Carbonate supercomputer
- Matlab hands-on exercises
In-person Course(s) Available
The Supercomputing for Everyone Series (SC4ES) aims to bring more users into the realm of advanced computing, whether it be visualization, computation, analytics, storage, or any related discipline. Research Technologies can take you to the next level of computing.
Supercomputing for Everyone Series workshops and seminars are led by personnel from Research Technologies, a division of University Information Technology Services and a center in the Pervasive Technology Institute at Indiana University.