Intro to High Performance Computing
This workshop introduces IU faculty, staff, and students to High Performance Computing (HPC) and the resources UITS Research Technologies (RT) makes available to them at IU to empower their research. This hands-on course will cover the basics of using IU’s supercomputing systems, from logging-in to job creation and submission. Knowledge of Unix is useful and recommended, but not required for the hands-on exercises!
- Overview of HPC at IU and RT services
- Short break
- Hands-on exercises
- Users will learn about the HPC resources and support services RT provides
- By the end of the class, users will be able to:
- Log into the systems
- Create a remote GUI session on Carbonate from a graphical desktop on their laptop
- Move a file to the systems
- Use the available software on the systems
- Create and submit a job to the queues
Attendees must have a Carbonate supercomputer account prior to arriving at class. Bring your own laptop.