Statistical and Numerical Software for HPC
This workshop introduces IU faculty, staff, and students to three of the statistical and numerical packages on the HPC (High Performance Computing) systems: SAS, R, and Matlab.
- Overview of SAS on Carbonate supercomputer
- SAS hands-on exercises
- Overview of R on Carbonate supercomputer
- R hands-on exercises
- Overview of Matlab on Carbonate supercomputer
- Matlab hands-on exercises
- Become familiar with statistical/numerical packages at IU.
- Learn to submit jobs using these packages.
- Set environmental variables for performance boosts.
- Know in-package functions which take advantage of the multicore environment.
Participants must bring their own laptop and create the required accounts (see Prerequisites) in advance.