This course introduces the interface and basic features of Google Sheets. As part of this course, you will enter the data into a worksheet, work with formulas and functions, name a range, format a worksheet, and create a simple chart.
- Enter data into Google Sheets
- Format a worksheet
- Enter a formula
- Enter a function
- Create and use named ranges
- Create a simple chart
- Use a mouse
- Open and save files
- Open and close windows
- Switch between windows
For a more in-depth look at the content of Google Sheets: The Basics, view the title contents below.
Important note for participants not affiliated with IU
- This course contains training material only.
- Participants who are not affiliated with Indiana University will need your own access to installed and licensed software, according to the training topic. This will allow you to follow along and participate in the hands-on exercises.
- If you do not have access to the needed software, you can still enroll in the online course and read the course content.
More information about this course
This online course is free to everyone and available for enrollment through IU Expand.
This course consists of a series of short lessons, examples, demonstrations, practice quizzes, and hands-on exercises.
To complete the course content, you will need:
- a web browser and internet access to use the course material on IU Expand.
- a copy of the software relevant to the training installed on your computer.
Expand the accordion folds to see a detailed description of the content.
Explore the contents of Google Sheets: The Basics:
Explore the Google Sheets interface.
Learn how to identify text and numeric data.
Learn about using formulas in Google Sheets, including syntax, operators, entering formulas, and copying and pasting formulas.
Explore various ways to enter functions.
Explore absolute cell references.
Provide a description of the content in this section.
Learn about charts in Google Sheets and create a pie chart.