Complete this workshop to learn how to import data, create custom lists, validate data entry, sort and filter data, and work efficiently with multiple worksheets. We'll also cover Excel's table-related features and introduce PivotTables.
- Specify data validation criteria
- Modify data with functions
- Protect a worksheet
- Work with custom lists
- Convert a data range to a table and work with table features
- Sort and filter data
- Create a PivotTable
- Link data between worksheets
- Work with multiple worksheets
- Compare workbooks
- Understand spreadsheet terminology
- Create and modify Excel spreadsheets
- Enter text or numeric data and formulas or functions
- Create named ranges
- Format worksheets
- Create simple charts
For a more in-depth look at the content of Excel: Data Management, view the title contents below.
Expand the accordion folds to see a detailed description of the content.
Explore the contents of Excel: Data Management:
See how to open a new workbook and name the worksheets.
Explore how to group worksheets, summarize data across worksheets, and consolidate data.
Learn how to import and clean up text from an external source.
Create and format an Excel table.
Explore and create data validation criteria.
Separate cell contents using a Wizard and combine cell contents using a formula.
Explore how to protect an Excel worksheet as well as an entire workbook.
Create and use a custom list, work with the Name Manager, and utilize filters.
Create and work with a PivotTable.
Practice creating a PivotTable.