The National Center for Genome Analysis Support (NCGAS) provides this high performance computing (HPC) workshop to help new users learn about HPC resources available to them, other course offerings, and NCGAS services.
By the end of this workshop, participants should leave with the following knowledge:
- High-performance systems at IU and their general purpose
- National resources available to them: The Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE) and Jetstream
- Linux basics
- Additional courses that may benefit their research or work
- How to receive help for both genomic and computational questions at IU
- A laptop is required—if you do not have one, contact the organizer to borrow one
In-person Course(s) Available
- Introduction to HPC in biology
- Welcome to the cluster—orientation to cluster (with links to other resources/courses)
- Welcome to the cloud—overview of Jetstream (tools, benefits)
- Introducing PonyLinux—a cute My Little Pony-based Linux training
- NCGAS resources/UITS offerings—IT Training, workshops, etc.
The Supercomputing for Everyone Series (S4ES) aims to bring more users into the realm of advanced computing, whether it be visualization, computation, analytics, storage, or any related discipline. Let Research Technologies staff take you to the next level of computing.
Supercomputing for Everyone Series workshops and seminars are led by personnel from Research Technologies, a division of University Information Technology Services and a center in the Pervasive Technology Institute at Indiana University.