Access databases are ideal tools for tracking large volumes of related information in an easy-to-use graphical format. Intended for people with little or no experience using Access, this workshop introduces database terminology and relationships concepts. Participants will create Access objects such as tables and queries as well as simple forms and reports.
Access: The Basics
- Open a database
- Create, design, and modify tables to hold data
- Enter, edit, and delete data
- Import data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Create and use select queries
- Define relationships between tables
- Create a simple relational form
- Create a simple report
- Structure data in a spreadsheet
- Navigate in a spreadsheet
- Enter and modify data
- Identify and use number and text formats
Enroll in the online course
Follow the appropriate enrollment method below, depending on your IU status.
IU faculty, staff, and students
Join using the self-enroll feature of Canvas (requires IU username and passphrase).Enroll in Access: The Basics (IU: No cost)
Join via IU Expand at a low cost (requires an IU Guest account, a free sign-up for anyone).Enroll in Access: The Basics (Non-IU: $9.99)
This course is part of two IT Training Certificate Series, each one awards a certificate
Materials and Files
For IU learners, if you're interested in the content for this title, but prefer not to enroll in the online course, you can download the PDF and exercise files below.
Note: The PDF and exercise files provided here formed a basis for the online course, but may vary from the online course.