Queries enable you to retrieve, analyze, and manipulate data. Learn to create and modify queries on related tables and discover various types of queries. This training also covers advanced query functions such as aggregate totals and calculated expressions.
Access: Analyzing and Modifying Data with Queries
- Build relational queries and modify query properties
- Perform mathematical and text operations in a query
- Create parameter queries that allow you to supply criteria when run
- Summarize data using groups, calculated expressions, and aggregate totals
- Create Crosstab queries to summarize data
- Create and run Action queries to create, modify, and delete data
- Use Find Duplicates and Find Unmatched queries to locate data
- Understand database relationships
- Create one-to-many relationships
- Create simple relational queries
Enroll in the online course
Follow the appropriate enrollment method below, depending on your IU status.
IU faculty, staff, and students
Join using the self-enroll feature of Canvas (requires IU username and passphrase).Enroll in Access: Analyzing and Modifying Data with Queries (IU: No cost)
Join via IU Expand at a low cost (requires an IU Guest account, a free sign-up for anyone).Enroll in Access: Analyzing and Modifying Data with Queries (Non-IU: $9.99)
This course is part of an IT Training Certificate Series, which awards a certificate on successful completion of a final online exam. Learn more about the Access Essentials Certificate Series.
Materials and Files
For IU learners, if you're interested in the content for this title, but prefer not to enroll in the online course, you can download the PDF and exercise files below.
Note: The PDF and exercise files provided here formed a basis for the online course, but may vary from the online course.