These materials introduce the different tools available in Illustrator and Photoshop for creating web graphics. In this training, we'll create graphics for a website, including buttons, a logo, and a banner image. During the creation process, we'll learn about optimizing graphics for the web and various techniques for creating web graphics in Illustrator and Photoshop.
Creating Graphics for the Web
- Learn the difference between vector and raster graphics
- Create graphics for a website, including a banner, buttons, and a logo
- Learn techniques for creating web graphics in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Optimize graphics for the web using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with the Photoshop and Illustrator interfaces
- Ability to perform basic photo editing in Photoshop
- Ability to create and edit text and shapes in Illustrator
Enroll in the online course
Follow the appropriate enrollment method below, depending on your IU status.
IU faculty, staff, and students
Join using the self-enroll feature of Canvas (requires IU username and passphrase).Enroll in Creating Graphics for the Web (IU: No cost)
Join via IU Expand at a low cost (requires an IU Guest account, a free sign-up for anyone).Enroll in Creating Graphics for the Web \ (Non-IU: $9.99)
This course is part of an IT Training Certificate Series, which awards a certificate on successful completion of a final online exam. Learn more about the Web Creation Certificate Series.
Materials and Exercise Files
For IU learners, if you're interested in this content, but prefer not to enroll in the online course, you can download the PDF and exercise files below.
Note: The PDF and exercise files provided here formed a basis for the online course, but may vary from the online course.