Adobe Premiere Rush is a video editor geared towards creating short, professional-looking videos quickly, even if you’re new to the process of video editing. Additionally, videos created in Premiere Rush can easily be exported or shared to social media. In this course, you’ll learn how to import and edit existing video clips, add transitions, and export a completed video.
- Understand basic video editing terminology
- Perform basic video and audio editing tasks
- Apply basic video effects, including transitions, titles, and color adjustments
- Export a completed video
- Use a mouse and keyboard
For a more in-depth look at the content of Premiere Rush: The Basics, view the title contents below.
Important note for participants not affiliated with IU
- This course contains training material only.
- Participants who are not affiliated with Indiana University will need your own access to installed and licensed software, according to the training topic. This will allow you to follow along and participate in the hands-on exercises.
- If you do not have access to the needed software, you can still enroll in the online course and read the course content.
More information about this course
This online course is free to everyone and available for enrollment through IU Expand.
This course consists of a series of short lessons, examples, demonstrations, practice quizzes, and hands-on exercises.
To complete the course content, you will need:
- a web browser and internet access to use the course material on IU Expand.
- a copy of the software relevant to the training installed on your computer.
Premiere Rush: The Basics Contents
Expand the accordion folds to see a detailed description of the content.
Explore the contents of Premiere Rush: The Basics:
Learn more about Premiere Rush, Adobe's video editing program that focuses on making short videos that can easily be shared to social media.
Explore how to create a new project in Premiere Rush, and how to import media files for use in a video project.
There are multiple ways to edit video clips in Premiere Rush - in this section, learn about the many different methods for editing video and still image clips.
Audio clips of all types can be added to a video in Premiere Rush, including background music and voiceovers. Learn more about how to add and edit audio to a video in this lesson.
Transitions and color adjustments can be added to a video project easily in Premiere Rush.
In this lesson, learn how to add a title to a video and how to make edits to a pre-made title.
In this lesson, you'll be practicing skills you learned over the course of Premiere Rush: The Basics to build a simple video.
Learn how to export a completed video in Adobe Rush, as well as how to share a video directly from Rush to social media sites like Facebook and Youtube.