Whether you're absolutely new to page design or have some experience, it's always helpful to spend some time thinking about how to approach putting together a publication. In this training, we'll explore how to build an engaging publication for print and digital media. We'll also explore page design principles and layout techniques, while learning more about the art and science of page design.
Page Design and Layout Basics
- Explore a workflow that will help you get started with the design process
- Gain a basic understanding of publishing terminology
- Explore page layout principles that will help you design an effective publication
- Learn best practices of working with color, images and typography in a publication
- Basic computing skills, such as using a mouse and a keyboard
- Basic file management and organization skills
Enroll in the online course
Follow the appropriate enrollment method below, depending on your IU status.
IU faculty, staff, and students
Join using the self-enroll feature of Canvas (requires IU username and passphrase).Enroll in Page Design and Layout Basics (IU: No cost)
Join via IU Expand at a low cost (requires an IU Guest account, a free sign-up for anyone).Enroll in Page Design and Layout Basics (Non-IU: $9.99)
This course is part of an IT Training Certificate Series, which awards a certificate on successful completion of a final online exam. Learn more about the Media Design Certificate Series.