Expand your knowledge by learning how to fully structure your web pages using HTML5 and CSS. Learn how to create CSS buttons, internal-page hyperlinks, tables, useful navigation, useful footers, and properly formatted dates and addresses. This training focuses on HTML5 markup and leveraging CSS to make the project visually appealing.
HTML5 and CSS: Structuring Pages
- Use metadata effectively
- Use external stylesheets to standardize multiple pages
- Create and style tables
- Create internal-page navigation
- Create a well formed header and footer
- Use pseudo-classes to add interest to a document
- Structure text and image content for the web using HTML5
- Use semantic markup
- Create hyperlinks to link to other pages
- Understand the box model for basic layout
- Make an accessible, well-formed web page
Enroll in the online course
Follow the appropriate enrollment method below, depending on your IU status.
IU faculty, staff, and students
Join using the self-enroll feature of Canvas (requires IU username and passphrase).Enroll in HTML5 and CSS: Structuring Pages (IU: No cost)
Join via IU Expand at a low cost (requires an IU Guest account, a free sign-up for anyone).Enroll in HTML5 and CSS: Structuring Pages (Non-IU: $9.99)
This course is part of an IT Training Certificate Series, which awards a certificate on successful completion of a final online exam. Learn more about the Web Creation Certificate Series.
Materials and Files
For IU learners, if you're interested in this content, but prefer not to enroll in the online course, you can download the PDF and exercise files below.
Note: The PDF and exercise files provided here formed a basis for the online course, but may vary from the online course.