Intro to High Performance Computing
- Overview of HPC at IU and RT services
- Short break
- Hands-on exercises
- Users will learn about the HPC resources and support services RT provides
- By the end of the class, users will be able to:
- Log into the systems
- Create a remote GUI session on Carbonate from a graphical desktop on their laptop
- Move a file to the systems
- Use the available software on the systems
- Create and submit a job to the queues
Attendees must have a Carbonate supercomputer account prior to arriving at class. Bring your own laptop.
Supercomputing for Everyone Series workshops are taught by personnel from Research Technologies, a division of University Information Technology Services.
The Supercomputing for Everyone Series (S4ES) of training workshops aims to bring more users into the realm of advanced computing, whether it be visualization, computation, analytics, storage, or any related discipline. Let Research Technologies staff take you to the next level of computing.