Google Slides offers many features that can help you make an engaging presentation. Complete this course to learn how to edit a theme, work with graphic elements, add animations and transitions, and utilize more advanced presentation tools.
- Edit a theme
- Work with images, shapes, and diagrams
- Add animation and transitions
- Insert a table
- Utilize speaker notes and audience Q&A
- Navigate a presentation
- Add text to a presentation
- Work with the menu bar and toolbar in Google Slides
For a more in-depth look at the content of Google Slides: Enhancing Your Presentation, view the title contents below.
Important note for participants not affiliated with IU
- This course contains training material only.
- Participants who are not affiliated with Indiana University will need your own access to installed and licensed software, according to the training topic. This will allow you to follow along and participate in the hands-on exercises.
- If you do not have access to the needed software, you can still enroll in the online course and read the course content.
More information about this course
This online course is free to everyone and available for enrollment through IU Expand.
This course consists of a series of short lessons, examples, demonstrations, practice quizzes, and hands-on exercises.
To complete the course content, you will need:
- a web browser and internet access to use the course material on IU Expand.
- a copy of the software relevant to the training installed on your computer.
Google Slides: Enhancing Your Presentation Contents
Expand the accordion folds to see a detailed description of the content.
Explore the contents of Google Slides: Enhancing Your Presentation:
Access Google Slides for both IU affiliated users and non-IU users.
Learn how to edit a theme in Google Slides.
Discover how to add slide numbers to slides.
Explore format options for images
Learn how to insert, format, and add text to a shape.
See how to add a YouTube video to your presentation.
Add animation to objects on a slide.
Learn how to add transitions to slides.
Explore how to create and format a table.
See how to insert and format a chart from Google Sheets.
Created and edit a diagram.
Learn how to deliver a presentation using more advanced tools.