Google Slides is part of the Google Apps suite, and allows you to create presentations right from your web browser. Complete this course to learn how to add and delete slides, apply a theme, import previously created slides, modify text, insert images and add alternative text, and share and deliver a presentation.
- Add and delete slides
- Apply layouts and themes
- Work with text
- Work with images
- Share a presentation
- Deliver a presentation
- Add alternative text to images and other graphic elements
- Use a mouse and keyboard
- Work with an internet browser
For a more in-depth look at the content of Google Slides: The Basics, view the title contents below.
Important note for participants not affiliated with IU
- This course contains training material only.
- Participants who are not affiliated with Indiana University will need your own access to installed and licensed software, according to the training topic. This will allow you to follow along and participate in the hands-on exercises.
- If you do not have access to the needed software, you can still enroll in the online course and read the course content.
More information about this course
This online course is free to everyone and available for enrollment through IU Expand.
This course consists of a series of short lessons, examples, demonstrations, practice quizzes, and hands-on exercises.
To complete the course content, you will need:
- a web browser and internet access to use the course material on IU Expand.
- a copy of the software relevant to the training installed on your computer.
Expand the accordion folds to see a detailed description of the content.
Explore the contents of Google Slides: The Basics:
Become familiar with the Google Slides interface.
Learn how to add and edit slides.
Learn how to apply a theme to a Google Slides presentation.
See how to share slides between presentations.
Explore different ways to format text.
See how to use hyperlinks to link to a web page, other files, or slides within the current presentation.
Explore how to insert an image to a slide and how to add alternative text to images.
Learn how to use Google Drive to share and collaborate.
See how to deliver a Google Slides presentation and explore some of the tools available when presenting.
Learn about creating a more accessible presentation and how to add alternative text.