In this course, you will learn how to sort and filter data in Google Sheets. You'll see how to perform quick calculations on selected data. In addition, using the SUBTOTAL function to perform calculations on visible data will be covered.
- Sort data
- Sort data by multiple criteria
- Filter data
- Use the SUBTOTAL function to calculate filtered data
- Navigate a spreadsheet
- Enter functions
For a more in-depth look at the content of Google Sheets: Sorting and Filtering, view the title contents below.
Important note for participants not affiliated with IU
- This course contains training material only.
- Participants who are not affiliated with Indiana University will need your own access to installed and licensed software, according to the training topic. This will allow you to follow along and participate in the hands-on exercises.
- If you do not have access to the needed software, you can still enroll in the online course and read the course content.
More information about this course
This online course is free to everyone and available for enrollment through IU Expand.
This course consists of a series of short lessons, examples, demonstrations, practice quizzes, and hands-on exercises.
To complete the course content, you will need:
- a web browser and internet access to use the course material on IU Expand.
- a copy of the software relevant to the training installed on your computer.
Google Sheets: Sorting and Filtering Contents
Expand the accordion folds to see a detailed description of the content.
Explore the contents of Google Sheets: Sorting and Filtering:
Explore how to sort data to find answers.
Explore different ways to filter data.
See how to use the SUBTOTAL function to calculate only the visible rows.