Discover how using pivot tables in Google Sheets can make tasks easier and how they can be useful in analyzing data. In this course, you will learn how to create, format, and modify pivot tables, perform various summary techniques when displaying data, and create charts. This course will also explore more advanced techniques such as grouping items in pivot tables and creating calculated fields.
- Create a pivot table
- Filter a pivot table
- Sort a pivot table
- Work with multiple value fields
- Add custom calculations to a pivot table
- Refresh and update a pivot table
- Create a chart based on a pivot table
- Enter data into a worksheet
- Work with formulas and functions
- Navigate between worksheets in a workbook
For a more in-depth look at the content of Google Sheets: Analyzing Data with Pivot Tables, view the title contents below.
Important note for participants not affiliated with IU
- This course contains training material only.
- Participants who are not affiliated with Indiana University will need your own access to installed and licensed software, according to the training topic. This will allow you to follow along and participate in the hands-on exercises.
- If you do not have access to the needed software, you can still enroll in the online course and read the course content.
More information about this course
This online course is free to everyone and available for enrollment through IU Expand.
This course consists of a series of short lessons, examples, demonstrations, practice quizzes, and hands-on exercises.
To complete the course content, you will need:
- a web browser and internet access to use the course material on IU Expand.
- a copy of the software relevant to the training installed on your computer.
Google Sheets: Analyzing Data with Pivot Tables Contents
Expand the accordion folds to see a detailed description of the content.
Explore the contents of Google Sheets: Analyzing Data with Pivot Tables:
Begin to learn about pivot tables in Google Sheets.
Create a pivot table from data in a spreadsheet.
See how to filter a pivot table on multiple criteria.
Learn how to create a multi-level sort within a pivot table.
See how to work with multiple value fields and then group a pivot table by date.
See the full content for Working with multiple value fields.
See how to add a percent of grand total calculation and a calculated field.
Learn how to create and filter a chart.
Back to Google Sheets: Analyzing Data with Pivot Tables Contents