PowerPoint: The Basics
- Add, rearrange, and delete slides
- Import slides from another presentation into a slide show
- Apply layouts, themes, and QuickStyles
- Work with text, bullets, images, and video
- Apply simple animations and transitions
- Create presentations that are accessible for individuals with disabilities
- Create audience and presenter handouts
- Rehearse and deliver a presentation
- Package a presentation for use on other computers
- Use a mouse
- Work with windows, menus, dialog boxes, and the Ribbon
Enroll in the online course
Follow the appropriate enrollment method below, depending on your IU status.
IU faculty, staff, and students
Join using the self-enroll feature of Canvas (requires IU username and passphrase).Enroll in PowerPoint: The Basics (IU: No cost)
Join via IU Expand at a low cost (requires an IU Guest account, a free sign-up for anyone).Enroll in PowerPoint: The Basics (Non-IU: $9.99)
This course is part of an IT Training Certificate Series, which awards a certificate
Materials and Files
For IU learners, if you're interested in the content for this title, but prefer not to enroll in the online course, you can download the PDF and exercise files below.
Note: The PDF and exercise files provided here formed a basis for the online course, but may vary from the online course.