In this training, we'll be taking a two-page newsletter previously created in InDesign and expanding it to a four-page document. In the process we'll gain experience in working with page masters, which are underlying templates for document pages. We'll also work with advanced tools and features of InDesign, and learn how to prepare and package a publication for printing.
InDesign: Using Page Masters for Efficient Design
- Configure and apply page masters
- Create headers and footers
- Create automatic “continued on” segments
- Thread a story with in and out ports
- Copy and paste with the Content Collector and Content Placer tools
- Modify a frame and content independently
- Resolve missing links and fonts
- Package a publication for sending
- Export in Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Experience with using Adobe tools and panels
- Experience creating and modifying frames
- Experience applying styles to text
- Experience with importing and placing graphics
Enroll in the online course
Follow the appropriate enrollment method below, depending on your IU status.
IU faculty, staff, and students
Join using the self-enroll feature of Canvas (requires IU username and passphrase).Enroll in InDesign: Using Page Masters for Efficient Design (IU: No cost)
Join via IU Expand at a low cost (requires an IU Guest account, a free sign-up for anyone).Enroll in InDesign: Using Page Masters for Efficient Design (Non-IU: $9.99)
This course is part of an IT Training Certificate Series, which awards a certificate on successful completion of a final online exam. Learn more about the Media Design Certificate Series.
Materials and Files
For IU learners, if you're interested in the content for this title, but prefer not to enroll in the online course, you can download the PDF and exercise files below.
Note: The PDF and exercise files provided here formed a basis for the online course, but may vary from the online course.