Take this workshop to develop the skills for creating effective and accurate charts. You will design various types of charts, apply elements and formats, and create chart templates. We'll also cover different ways to incorporate Excel charts into PowerPoint slides.
Excel: Charts and Graphics
- Understand charting terminology
- Select appropriate chart types for a specific set of data
- Create basic chart types, including column, pie, line, XY Scatter, and bar charts
- Add a trendline and equation to the XY Scatter chart
- Apply custom formats to charts and chart elements
- Save and apply a chart template
- Apply themes to charts
- Insert Excel charts into a PowerPoint presentation
- Comfort using Excel
- Enter text and numbers into a worksheet
- Perform calculations with formulas and functions
- Format cells and worksheets
- Select ranges of data
Enroll in the online course
Follow the appropriate enrollment method below, depending on your IU status.
IU faculty, staff, and students
Join using the self-enroll feature of Canvas (requires IU username and passphrase).Enroll in Excel: Charts and Graphics (IU: No cost)
Join via IU Expand at a low cost (requires an IU Guest account, a free sign-up for anyone).Enroll in Excel: Charts and Graphics (Non-IU: $9.99)
This course is part of an IT Training Certificate Series, which awards a certificate on successful completion of a final online exam. Learn more about the Excel Essentials Certificate Series.
Materials and Files
For IU learners, if you're interested in the content for Excel: Charts and Graphics, but prefer not to enroll in the online course, you can download the PDF and exercise files below.
Please note: The PDF and exercise files provided here formed a basis for the online course, but will not be kept in sync with the online course.