Relationships are the fundamental building blocks of complex databases and are critical to designing and working with sophisticated databases. This workshop is intended for those who are familiar with the basic features of Access but are interested in learning how to define relationships in relational databases and how to create relational queries and forms. We will also discuss creating lookup fields, and use challenge exercises to help reinforce concepts.
Access: Stucturing and Relating Data
- Explore various types of relationships and create relationships between tables
- Understand how referential integrity rules work
- Build relational queries exploring different join types
- Create lookup fields
- Create a relational form
- Import columns of data from an Excel workbook into an Access table
- Explore the options for cascade update related fields and cascade delete related records
- Understand the basic features of Access
- Create simple tables
- Enter and edit data in tables
- Create simple queries
Canvas course for this title is coming soon.