lynda.com Online Training
||pretest / post-test avail?
|Adobe and Microsoft Office applications, desktop publishing, graphic design, multimedia and video development, programming, statistics, web development and more
||free for IU students, faculty and staff only
Indiana University’s lynda.com service has been extended through 2016 with a host of new
features! Learn about these features below or by watching the Personalize your Learning with lynda.com webinar recording.
Lynda.com is an award-winning provider of educational materials. The lynda.com Online Training Library® (OTL) includes video-based elearning courses on
Adobe and Microsoft applications and technologies; web design; digital photography, video and audio;
Mac applications; programming, and more. Lynda.com's all-star team of trainers and teachers provides comprehensive and unbiased movie-based
training to an international membership of tens of thousands of subscribers.
IU staff, faculty, and students statewide can take advantage of fee-free 24/7 access to the entire lynda.com elearning library.
NEW! Now you can have a Personalized Learning Experience with lynda!
- Playlists allow you to build collections of courses that you want to watch and share those collections with others. To learn how to use them, watch the lynda.com movies creating and managing your playlists and sharing your playlists.
- See the lynda.com movie bookmarking videos, chapters, or courses that interest you to learn how you can bookmark courses, chapters, videos and even specific spots in videos for later viewing or reviewing.
- Your course history will show you a list of courses you’ve taken, and since your most recently taken courses are listed at the top, you can easily pick up where you left off. See the lynda.com movie starting where you left off with Training History to learn more.
- Earn certificates of completion by taking all moves in a course, then share those certificates with your professor, supervisor, or a prospective employer. Learn how to take advantage of this feature by watching the lynda.com movie printing and sharing Certificates of Completion.
- Set your preferences to use the movie player that best suits your needs. To learn how, see choosing the right video player for your needs.
- You can sign up for lynda.com’s monthly newsletter, new release notifications and special announcements and offers. See setting your news and email preferences to learn how.
- Sessions are persistent. Once you authenticate through the above link, as long as you are using the same computer and cookie-enabled browser, you should be able to re-enter the same session by going directly to http://www.lynda.com. If that doesn't work for you, you can always re-authenticate through this page.
Get Help and Support
If you have problems using lynda, take advantage of the following resources:
See an Example
Jess Stratton explains how to work with text boxes in PowerPoint 2013.
Keep up to Date
There are a number of resources to help you keep up to date with the latest Online Training Library offerings.